Now that you have successfully created a pipeline to send a message to the Universal Platform, you can execute and read the message.
The part to consider here is how to actually trigger the pipeline to execute the functions, since publishers can push messages, but subscribers are receive-only connections, so how can subscribers trigger the pipeline
Well, there is a solution. You can configure an event to trigger the pipeline when the subscriber sees that there is a new message available.
This means that when Widget Ltd’s ERP system publishes a message, you can read the message in Tucker Inc.’s ERP system.
To execute a message by triggering a subscriber event:
- Go to the browser tab that has Platform Manager open.
- Select Events. The Events screen is displayed.
- Click Add.
- Select Subscriber Message Event from the list of extensions. The Event Details screen is displayed.
- On the General tab, enter a name for the pipeline in the format: Event_SubscriberTuckerSales.
- Click Save.
You must now configure the event to pass the contents of the message to the pipeline to process, otherwise the event is just a trigger with no data.
- Click Add in the Event section.
- Select Execute Pipeline on Event from the list of events.
- Click Edit for the Execute Pipeline Event.
- Configure the event as follows:
- Pipeline: Pipeline_SubscriberTuckerSales
- Pipeline Parameter: themessagedata
- Click Save.
- Select Subscriber_TuckerSales from the Subscriber list in the Event Parameters section.
Click Save & Close.
Now you can run the publish pipeline and see you message in the system log.
- Select Pipelines on the Platform Manager browser tab.
- Click the Actions button for the Pipeline_PublisherWidgetSales pipeline you created.
- Click Run. A confirmation message is displayed.
Click Run to confirm executing the pipeline.
Now let’s see the results in the system log.
- Go to the browser tab that has Universal Console open.
- Select System Logs. Your message is displayed in the log queue.