About this module
This module shows you how to automatically manage data updates in a .csv file stored on Dropbox and synchronise the changes to a SQL Server database at specific times, using Universal Platform schedules.
Module 2 of this tutorial explained how to manually manage data updates in a .csv file and synchronise the changes to a database, using Universal Platform constraints.
So what does this module cover? The scenario is this:
Module 3 of this tutorial explains how to configure schedules to trigger the import of data in a .csv file from Dropbox to a SQL database, to ensure any updates are automatically applied at set intervals. In this module:
- You will start by enabling the scheduler service on Universal Platform.
- You will then configure a job to define the function of the job and the intervals that you want the job to automatically run, when the schedule is enabled.
- You will then manually run the job to import data from the HR.csv file to your database table and check that there are no errors.
- Once the job is configured and executed successfully, you will enable the schedule to automatically run the job at the specified times.
- You will complete the module by viewing a list of all active scheduled jobs.
Now that you are familiar with what we are going to do in this module, let's begin!